Beauty Questions About Hydrating Dry Skin? - HealthInfi | We Secure Your Health

Thursday 13 July 2017

Beauty Questions About Hydrating Dry Skin?




I received this short email recently from one of my readers: "My skin used to be so oily, I was always complaining about the shine. And now that I'm going through menopause, things have changed. It's so dry that it feels like my face will crack! I'd like to get some oil back. Any ideas?"

I can relate. My own skin used to be so oily and greasy that I'd never go anywhere without those anti-shine wipes. I swear I kept that company in business. Of course, it was so long ago that I can't remember the name of the company, but wipes like that are still around, like these. And yes, I should have listened to my grandmother, who, when I complained about my shiny skin, said: "Oil is good for your skin. It keeps away the wrinkles. One day you're going to miss it!"

If you have dry, sensitive skin, you may be wondering if you're using the right moisturizer, or if you should switch to an oil, or a balm or maybe a serum? And what's the best way to exfoliate without causing more irritation? The editors of Goop have you covered with their new Goop Clean Beauty .a thorough guide to looking naturally gorgeous (and the first book from Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle brand).

"Whether you suffer seasonally or constantly, and whether the problem is severe or mild, arriving at the ultimate regimen that keeps your skin supple, dewy, and comfortable is an achievable goal for most people," the editors write. But because the causes of dryness and irritation can be so varied, finding the right products for your skin takes some tinkering. In the excerpt below, they outline the essentials elements of a healthy hydration routine, which can be tailored to your own preferences and sensitivities:

The Story.

Here's what I know. There are lots of products out there that promise to treat dry skin.

The Details.

One helpful tip to keep in mind, from the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) is this:
Use only gentle, unscented skin care products. Some skin care products are too harsh for dry, sensitive skin. When your skin is dry, stop using skin care products that contain alcohol, fragrance, retinoids or alpha-hydroxy acid (AHAs). Avoiding these products will help your skin retain its natural oils.

Ammunition.

I recently came across a product called Bio-Oil. It should be called Everything-Oil, because (short of using it to cook, maybe), it can be used for so many things, including the body, face, hair and brown spots. Moisture. Smoothness. Relief from dry skin. It's got it all.

So, what's all the fuss about?

  • It has a light texture.
  • It's non-greasy.
  • It absorbs rapidly.
  • It contains natural botanical extracts like calendula, chamomile, lavender and rosemary.
  • And it contains vitamins A and E, which can nourish and treat aging and dehydrated skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment